Saturday, December 15, 2007

OK...so where's the snow?

For the past two days the weather reports have called for snow. I woke up early this morning expecting to see the first winter snow. Just rain and more rain. Looks like Silver Dollar City will be open after all. Oh, well...I should be thankful we're not snowed in. I found a great link to check our road conditions, though. MoDot does have a really good map at http://maps.modot.mo.gov/travelerinformation/TravelerInformation.aspx

Looks like I'll be catching up on some knitting projects today. And of course, setting up this blog spot...my very first. The good thing about having so many hobbies is once I get tired of one, I can work on something different. I need to get movin' and make a bunch of items for resale at the market in Branson. We all need extra money, right?

Here's the boys' field trip to The Discovery Center in Springfield. Maybe they'll be doctors some day? They were really fascinated by the x-ray machine and getting to hear heartbeats. But then again, they kept returning to look for dinosaur bones. It was an interesting place to take the grandkids. It was my first trip there, too. The Discovery Center has a nice website with some links to projects kids can do on the Internet. http://www.discoverycenter.org/sciencesource.php

I've always thought this is the best photo of Gary...knee deep in clear waters at Bennet Spring Park. Ok, for all you hunting/fishing fanatics, only 3 months till trout season, but here's a good link for Missouri seasons with open/close dates. http://mdc.mo.gov/seasons/
And how about recipes for wild game? http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/tv/nowwerecookin.asp
So here I sit, playing on the computer, drinking tons of coffee early in the morning, waiting for snow to fall. Back to the knitting project I go.

Bible Quote of the Day:
"If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks." Ecclesiastes 10:18 (NIV)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on such a good start to your own blog!
Has the snow arrived yet?

Jen Dudley said...

You have alot more going on on your page then mine