Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Busy busy busy

Ok, here we are almost at the end of 2008. Christmas, of course, has been very busy with shopping and trips to the post office. I think this year I gave the post office job security!

I've also been experimenting, as usual, with crochet. My bunny rabbit for Easter is improving.

Then I need to make some more Renuzit Air Freshener dolls. This was my first try at crocheting one. Acutally, I found making the dresses easier than I expected.

I had found a nice old doll, quite large, and a Red Riding Hood pattern I love the hooded cape! It was easy to crochet, but took some time. She makes a really nice bed doll.

Branson Review
As a former teacher, I have a tremendous respect for education. On the south side of Branson is College of the Ozarks. This is probably the most unique college in that students don't pay tuition...instead they work 15 hours a week building and working at the college. It's a beautiful place and quite an "attraction". Most visitors to Branson don't know this college has so much to offer visitors. Or if you live here, it's a relaxing place to just wander around the mill, museum, and the restaurant. The mill and the weaving studios are great. Students have items to sell as well. You just can't miss this place if you visit Branson. So below are links to various websites. Congrats to the staff and students of Hard Work U!!!!

College of the Ozarks...Hard Work U

Keeter Center brochure. This is a big place and just a real rustic beauty! It's located at the entrance to the college.

Restaurant menu at Keeter Center Remember, the students run the restaurant and prepare foods along with the chefs. Wow! Looks like a nice place to be New Year's Eve.

College Information
This site has all the college education information

Ralph Foster Museum

If you enjoy museums, this one has a very good collection. Check out their site. Located also at College of the Ozarks

Edwards Mill Also on the College of the Ozarks campus. Very nice!

Bible Verse of the Day
"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." (Proverbs 14:23, NIV)

Have a very Merry Christmas!